Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy offers homeschooled students an opportunity to enroll in the same upper school courses and athletics programs as regularly-enrolled SVCA students.
Our goal is to offer support, encouragement, resources, services, and equipment to parents as they fulfill their God-given responsibility to educate their children (Proverbs 22:6, Deuteronomy 6:6-7).
SVCA offers three SHIP options to Homeschooling Families:
Option 1: SHIP Classes
Students in grades 6-12 may enroll in up to three classes per year at SVCA. Students (grades 9-12 only) who have enrolled in at least two classes may take an elective class during last block at no additional cost.
Option 2: Diploma SHIP
Students in grades 9-12 who desire an SVCA/SHIP diploma may enroll in up to four classes at SVCA. Students can enter the Diploma SHIP program in 9th, 10th, or 11th grades. Students may not enter the Diploma SHIP program for the first time in 12th grade. Diploma SHIP students who are enrolled in two classes may take an elective class during last block at no additional cost. Those who are enrolled in four classes may take two elective classes during last block at no additional cost.
Option 3: SHIP Athletics
Homeschooled students, ages 11-18, may participate on SVCA athletic teams. Students need not be enrolled in SVCA classes to participate in athletics.
SHIP Classes Benefits
- Top notch instructional staff
- Standardized testing opportunities
- Chapels and other assemblies
- Official transcripts for classes taken at SVCA
- Field trips
- School photos
- One free elective class (if enrolled in at least two regular classes)
Additional Diploma SHIP Benefits
- An SVCA/SHIP high school diploma
- Participation in the graduation ceremony
- A second free elective class (if enrolled in four regular classes)
- Mission trips and senior trip
- Participation in Homecoming
SHIP Athletics Benefits
- Locally and nationally recognized coaching staff
- Successful athletic teams including basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, and cheerleading
- Athletic tournaments at the local, state, and national levels
Last Updated on Monday, 02 June 2014 16:41